"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sarah Palin Out

Sarah Palin, like Chris Christie, has decided not to run for President.   Looking back at my comments on Palin over the past eleven months, I seem to have vacillated between defending her from unfair attacks by the left-liberal media and arguing that she lacks the experience and gravitas to be President.   I also always thought that she would decide that not running for President allowed her to have more influence than running and losing, as she inevitably would; that it allowed her to maintain her family's privacy (at least a modicum of privacy... she's still a media figure, after all); and, most of all, maintain her ability to make a lot of money.   I only wish she had made the decision months ago; she's been a bit of distraction from the real candidates.   

No comments:

Post a Comment