"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Rally Squirrel Strikes!

The Regular Wife indulged me and bought a "rally squirrel" we could take to the Cardinals-Brewers game last night.   For those of you still unaware, the Rally Squirrel has become the new mascot of the Cards after he made an appearance in Game 4 of our series against the Phillies, and sparked a rally for the Cards in a game we had to win:




So the Regular Son and I took our rally squirrel to the game last night at Miller Park.   Sitting among a raucous crowd of Brewer fans in the upper deck in left field, we bravely cheered on the Cards with the help of our hand puppet squirrel.  



It worked!   Cardinals 12, Brewers 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment