"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Peter Schiff Becomes a Hero to the Right

New York businessman and radio host, Peter Schiff, by the end of today will have become an instant hero to many on the right.   Schiff had the temerity to take a camera and a microphone down to the Occupy Wall Street protests and engage in dialogue with the leftists down there.   His main point is that the protesters ought to be directing their energy against Washington, not against Wall Street; against Big Government, not against capitalism.   My favorite parts are where he asks a woman who is berating him for his greed:  "I employ 150 people.   How many do you employ?"   And when he asks people pointedly "How much of my income do you think the government should take?   Is fifty percent enough?"

Great stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment