"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Girl of the Day - It's Raining, So I Needs Me Some Sunshine!

After a nice run of sunny days in the seventies in Milwaukee, we are now settling in for the long slide into a cold winter with a day of rain.   Since I won't see the sun again until, oh, about May 15th, I thought it was an opportune moment for a sunny day Girl of the Day:



The shot, of course, is of the lovely Katherine Ross during the famous "bicycle" scene from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, during which one of the oddest and most memorable movie songs plays in the background, "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head":

No comments:

Post a Comment