"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Awkward

The President's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness issued its report yesterday.   Here's a sample of the genius within:


To date, the federal government has taken important steps to address challenges of financing clean energy.   The U.S. Department of Energy loan guarantee program has demonstrated how low-cost federal financing incentives can accelerate and deploy advanced technologies and help create jobs.
Hello?   Anyone in there read a newspaper lately?   Heard about this little thing called Solyndra?   Anyone?   Anyone at all?

Sheesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment