"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Monday, September 19, 2011

Girl of the Day - More MM, Please! (Marilyn Monroe)

I happened upon a site that had some obscure, beautiful photographs of Monroe, so I thought I'd share them for a couple of days.   Weirdly, until I started doing this "Girl of the Day" feature on the blog, I never really thought much of Monroe's looks.   But when you search the web for photos of Hollywood stars of years gone by, it doesn't take long before you realize that she was easily -- and I'm not sure it's very close -- the most photogenic Hollywood actress ever, which is a roundabout way of saying she was the most beautiful.  


No comments:

Post a Comment