"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Girl of the Day - If the Secretaries Are Talking About a New Show...

... there's a good chance it's going to be a hit.   The secretaries outside my office just now were talking about Zooey Deschanel's new show, "The New Girl."   This is how hit shows get made:  the premiere episode gets hyped enough to get people to watch, and then well-respected people in large offices (usually the long-term secretaries) talk about it the next day.  

I've always really liked Zooey Deschanel in movies, so this might be a fun show to watch, even though the premise -- extraordinarily cute girl gets dumped by boyfriend and has to move in with three guys as new roommates -- is idiotic.


No comments:

Post a Comment