"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Girl of the Day - Homicide Edition (Melissa Leo)

Melissa Leo turns 51 today.   She won  last year's Academy Award for best supporting actress for her role as a domineering mother in The Fighter, and was nominated for Best Actress a year earlier for her role in Frozen River; she's also a regular on one of our favorite shows, Treme.   But her best role was still in one of our favorite all-time shows, Homicide,where she played a tough but fragile, bedraggled but cute detective named Kay Howard.  

No comments:

Post a Comment