"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Cardinals Getting Fun

The Cardinals have now won 18 of their last 24 and 11 of their last 13 games to pull to within 2.5 games of the wild-card leading Atlanta Braves.   The Cards have 8 games left, the Braves only seven.   If the Cards go 6 and 2 (about what their pace has been over the past month), they would need the Braves to go 3-4 for us to tie, which is very doable.   I'd rather they win 7 of 8 or 8 of 8 and have the Braves go belly up, so it's not a one-game playoff, but man is it fun to still be in the race.   I thought they were dead in the middle of August.  

Here's a great clip from a couple of days ago when the Cardinals clubhouse heard that the Marlins had hit a two-out, walk-off homerun to beat the Braves in the ninth inning.   Tony LaRussa's face is priceless:

No comments:

Post a Comment