"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Birthday Today - Mrs. Robinson Version (Anne Bancroft)

It's Anne Bancroft's birthday, as she turns 80 today.   Bancroft, one of our finest actresses over the past 50 years or so, was most famous for her great turn as Mrs. Robinson in Mike Nichols' The Graduate (1967), which was probably the first "adult" movie I saw when I was a kid.   (She's also been Mrs. Mel Brooks for a long time, which marks her down as a good egg in my book.)   Anyway, here she is as Mrs. Robinson with, of course, Dustin Hoffman, in the movie's famous seduction scene:

No comments:

Post a Comment