"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Girl of the Day - Feisin' and Cantorin' and Marryin' and Oglin' (Lee Remick)

Light blogging today, as we're off to a "feis" (an Irish dance contest) with the girls, then to church, where Regular Girl #2 is cantoring during Mass, and then to a wedding reception for a 1st cousin-once removed.   Busy day.  

So, until later, here's the Girl of the Day, an oldie-but-very-goodie, Lee Remick.   I had just told someone yesterday about the great movie, Anatomy of a Murder, in which a young Remick plays the trampy wife of an Army officer accused of murder (which he committed in a supposed state of "irresistible impulse" to protect Remick's not so honorable honor).   You can see why he might go nuts:





No comments:

Post a Comment