"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Girl of the Day - Kathleen Turner

Kathleen Turner is one of those actresses who, although tremendously talented, basically lost her looks as she got older, and therefore couldn't play the "type" she had played as a younger woman.   The same thing happens to some men, although (somewhat unfairly) it seems to happen to men later.   Tom Hanks is an example, although he obviously has enough bank that you can't feel sorry for him, but the trailer of his new romantic comedy with Julia Roberts makes him look old and jowly.   (I can sympathize, believe me.)

Anyway, it's Kathleen Turner's birthday today -- she's 57 -- and so it's not a bad time to recall what an incredible hotty she was when she first came on the scene in the thriller Body Heat with William Hurt:

No comments:

Post a Comment