"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Girl of the Day - Janine Turner


Janine Turner was the girl lead on the romantic comedy set in Alaska, Northern Exposure, roughly 20 years ago.   When my wife and I were first dating, it was our favorite show, and we watched it weekly, waiting for the Alaskan girl-pilot, Maggie O'Connell, to get together romantically with the New Yorker-doctor Joel Fleischman, who unaccountably has been exiled to rural Alaska to pay off student loan debts.  

Here's a cool scene from the show:



Janine Turner is also a vocal and prominent Texas Republican, which is cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment