"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Girl of the Day - Eleanor Powell



I love the name Eleanor so much that I named my last daughter Eleanor Jane.   So, while Eleanor Powell may not be the greatest Hollywood beauty, she's got her name going for her and, oh, by the way, she's probably also the greatest female tap dancer ever.   Here she is with Fred Astaire in "Begin the Beguine":




I mean, really, holy cow!   That's really Entertainment!   Is there a Hollywood star today who has that kind of talent?   I don't think so.  

No comments:

Post a Comment