"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, July 8, 2011

Birthday Today - Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon

It's Kevin Bacon's 53rd birthday today.   Let's see if we can play the "six degrees of Kevin Bacon" and get to the Regular Guy.   Here goes:

1. Kevin Bacon was in A Few Good Men with Kevin Pollack.
2. Kevin Pollack was in That Thing You Do directed by Tom Hanks.  
3.  Tom Hanks was in You've Got Mail with Michael Badalucco.
4.  Michael Badalucco was in the TV series "The Practice" produced by David Kelley
5.  David Kelley played hockey in college with Jimmy Farrell.
6.  Jimmy Farrell was one of the Regular Guy's best friends in college. 

See, it's amazing!

Here's one of Bacon's coolest scenes, from one of his first movies, Diner, where he plays a drunk college kid who's in the process of squandering his intellectual gifts (which hits close to home for me):

No comments:

Post a Comment