"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, June 10, 2011

Regular Family Vacation

Well, the Regular Guy and his brood are on vacation, and so far good.   Taking three progeny through security at the airport twice, and having three legs of the journey (Milwaukee to Chicago, Chicago to Miami, Miami to Turks and Caicos) was an exercise in logistics and herding, but we managed to make it to Paradise.   For those of you who, like me before yesterday, have never been at a real resort, holy cow!   I just woke up, walked down to the poolside outdoor restaurant, had an eggs benedict (substituting smoked salmon for ham), and am now getting ready (after a suitable period of digestion) to hit the beach for a slow jog along the shore.   For those of you who, like me, work too hard and don't take enough vacations, so far I think the concept of doing nothing for a week while people bring you free drinks (well, not really free, since it's an all-included price) is A-OK.   And the environs aren't too shabby:




I mean, seriously, what could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment