"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

No More Weiner

It's all over but the resignation.   And I think that will come.   Weiner's press conference yesterday was one of the most amazingly embarrassing public acts I've ever seen.   The Democratic Party can't keep him around to draw flak for another 17 months until November 2012.   Can they? 

One thing.   Andrew Breitbart's appearance at the press conference and chutzpah in seizing the dais to give his own impromptu press conference to demand an apology -- Weiner, through his lies, had perpetuated the left-wing blogosphere's attempt to pin the "hacking" on Breitbart, a conservative Internet news entrepreneur -- was remarkable.   Conservatives need to refuse to play the mainstream media's game more often.   Here is Breitbart in all his glory.

1 comment:

  1. I feel sorry for his wife. Do you know her married name is Huma Weiner?

    ReplyDelete