"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, June 23, 2011

More Bob Fosse

I love Bob Fosse.  Back in college when I was writing very bad musical plays, I tried to write an opening number that would capture something of the great openings of Cabaret (Joel Grey singing "Willkommen") or Chicago ("All That Jazz").   At the time, it turned out OK.  In retrospect:  epic fail.   

Here is another of Fosse's opening numbers, from the musical-within-the-musical the Fosse character is working on in the bio-pic, All That Jazz, called "Air-otica":

No comments:

Post a Comment