"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Girls of the Day - Gwen Verdon and Ann Reinking

It's choreographer Bob Fosse's birthday, so it makes sense to pay tribute to him by having our girls of the day be his two most famous dancers, Gwen Verdon and Ann Reinking.   Here's Verdon with Fosse in a show-stopping song from Damn Yankees  (it's literally show-stopping... it has nothing to do with the plot):




And here's Reinking in a great, great number from Fosse's best work (in my opinion), Chicago:


No comments:

Post a Comment