"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Girl of the Day - Rainy Day Edition (Audrey Hepburn, Claudette Colbert, Keira Knightley)

It's been raining hard in Milwaukee the past couple of days, apt penance for us to pay after our wonderful week at the beach.   Little League baseball has been canceled; work has reared its ugly head; the house is still a mess after the trip; the kids are already talking about being bored in the summer.   Eek!  

Anyway, I was trying to think about moments in famous movies where actresses are caught, like us, in the rain.   The first one that came to mind was Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's, the moment at the end where she finally realizes she loves George Peppard:



Here's another, funnier one, with Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert, in It Happened One Night:  




And here's maybe the best rain scene of all, the proposal scene from the 2005 Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightley:



Must just have rainy days on my mind.   Man, do I miss Little League.  

No comments:

Post a Comment