"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Girl of the Day - Carey Mulligan

Sometimes watching movies that have been out for awhile you see small characters who later became big stars.   For instance, if you watch the great Steve McQueen movie, Bullitt, an unnamed cab-driver who drives the detective played by McQueen around San Francisco during a scene is played by Robert Duvall; and a thug on the subway in the Woody Allen movie, Bananas, was played by Sylvester Stallone.   Watching Pride and Prejudice with my son this week, I thought it was interesting that one of the Bennett girls is played (mostly for laughs) by Carey Mulligan, who has since gone on to be a somewhat big star.   Here she is in the P&P movie:





And here she is in real life:


No comments:

Post a Comment