"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Birthday Today - George Carlin

Not a lot of great birthdays today.   About the only one of note is George Carlin, the great comedian.   I loved Carlin growing up, and, apropos of yesterday's comments on Petticoat Junction, I still find myself saying some of his lines.   For instance, at spring Little League games where it looks like the sun is going down before we can finish the 7 innings, I often find myself saying, to some blank looks from my 13 and 14 year-old team, "Forecast for tonight.... dark!   Changing to widely scattered light in the morning."

Here, in fact, is the Hippy-Dippy Weatherman:

No comments:

Post a Comment