"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Girl(s) of the Day - Laker Girls

The NBA playoffs are on the way this week.  My pick to win the championship?   Well, I'd love to see Derrick Rose and the Bulls (with Dukie Carlos Boozer at power forward) come out of the East.   And I'd love to see Tim Duncan make one more run at his fifth title in the West.   And I'd love to see the Miami Heat and Lebron James make it to the Finals, after a season of being vilified for having had the temerity to do what nearly anyone would do when faced with the same choice.   (What?  Rather than play out my career in Cleveland, I can choose instead to pursue and likely win championships at some point playing in Miami, a world-class tourist destination that's warm year-round filled with (ahem) available young supermodels and assorted other attractive young femmes?   Really?  Forget about "the Decision".... what's to decide?)

But what I think is going to happen is that the Lakers and the Celtics are going to make one more run before Kobe Bryant of the Lakers and Kevin Garnett et al. of the Celtics are too old.   One more great series between LA and Boston.   And, in the end, I think, as I have long thought, that Kobe Bryant is just too good, too tough, too ruthless, too much of an end-of-game killer.   He wants his sixth ring to match Michael Jordan and stake his claim for the "greatest ever."   Lakers in 7.

And, of course, they also have the best cheerleaders in the world:

No comments:

Post a Comment