"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, April 29, 2011

The Donald

A few points:

1. He's not a real Republican and not a real conservative.   Anyone who thinks so is drunk.
2. He's not really pro-Life.   Anyone who thinks so is stoned.
3. He's not really a billionaire.   If he were to really run for President, presumably we'd get to look behind the Potemkin village of creditors that make up the Donald's empire.
4. No one, and I repeat, no one can be elected President who's been a game show host.
5. No one, and I repeat, no one can be elected who says "motherf***ers" in public, as Trump did today.
6. Finally, we can't have this hair in the White House.  



Americans can't be stupid enough to elect a jerk just because he's posing as a faux populist.  

Or can they?


No comments:

Post a Comment