"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Hidden Purpose of the Wisconsin Protests Can Now Be Revealed!



Are you telling me that there aren't a significant number of protestors at the Capitol in Madison who are there because it provides a party-like situation in which otherwise nasty folks can meet members of the opposite sex?  Frankly, I think this sums up the unwritten history of the 1960s better than nearly anything else. 

I'm just sayin'.   

P.S.  The corollary to this is the answer to the age-old question.... why do people riot?   The answer:  because it's fun!   (Ever wonder why the first things that get broken in an urban riot are always the windows to the liquor stores?)

No comments:

Post a Comment