"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Girl Wednesday - Linda Fiorentino

A minor star in minor movies, Linda Fiorentino was the love interest in one of my son's favorite movies (and likely the only Hollywood movie that will ever be made centering on high-school wrestling), Vision Quest, an early 1980s flick with Matthew Modine as the young wrestler striving to defeat the unbeaten state champion and grow up at the same time.   It's a movie that's got a lot of cliche moments, but manages to be an appealling little story at the same time.




Oh, it's also her birthday today; she's 53, which, once again, makes me feel old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment