"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Girl of the Day - Sophia Loren

Sophia Loren is frankly not my type.  In my mind, she represents a certain kind of overdone Italian bombshell that perhaps appealed to the World War II generation, but didn't appeal much to my generation coming to age after the 1960s.  We much preferred the slender, athletic, sunny girls (the Cheryl Tiegs or Christie Brinkley look) who looked as if they had just come from the beach.   Less scary?   Probably.   But it is what it is.    

But, miraculously, here is Sophia Loren in a lovely photograph as a blonde:



And, of course, Miss Loren wasn't too bad on a beach either:


No comments:

Post a Comment