"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, February 11, 2011

You're Kidding Me, Right?

Leon Panetta, the Obama administration's Director of the CIA, apparently testified yesterday before Congress about the supposedly impending removal of Hosni Mubarek as Egypt's President, based on media reports.   If all the CIA is doing is surfing the web to find out what Anderson Cooper knows, what exactly do we have a CIA for?

This was compounded by the Director National Intelligence, James Clapper, testifying that the Muslim Brotherhood is a "secular" organization.   Huh?   It has the freaking word "Muslim" in the name!   The Muslim Brotherhood isn't al Qaeda, but it is Islamist -- they are essentially competitors for the hearts and minds of Islam.   

Our country is, as the saying goes, in the very best of hands.  

No comments:

Post a Comment