"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Day

I missed blogging yesterday because we were digging out from under about two feet of snow here in beautiful Wisconsin.   The snow was actually pretty light and granular, not slushy, so it wasn't too bad digging out -- just a lot of repetitive swipes with the old snow blower and, voila!, four hours later you're all cleared.

Anyway, I missed blogging about Groundhog's Day, which coincidentally is both the title of one of my favorite movies and my parents' anniversary.   Here's a classic scene with Bill Murray and the groundhog driving:



Jonah Goldberg of National Review wrote a terrific analysis of Groundhog's Day a few years ago that argues that it is one of the greatest conservative (and Christian) movies ever.   Well, maybe.  But it's awfully funny.  

No comments:

Post a Comment