"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Monday, January 3, 2011

Girl Monday - Jane Russell

The 1950s look isn't really my cup of tea... I've always thought that the ideal of beauty during that era was the slightly overweight bad girl... Kim Novak in Picnic, for instance.   I much preferred the classy stars of the 1930s or 1940s.  

Anyway, Jane Russell ordinarily would have fallen (at least in my mind) into the 1950s category, but I happened on this photograph of her as a young starlet and thought it was lovely, so here she is:

No comments:

Post a Comment