"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, January 28, 2011

Girl Friday - Susannah York


Among the young British actresses of the 1960s, Susannah York would probably come third behind Julie Christie and Helen Mirren in both acting and that inestimable quality of beauty and poise we now refer to as "hotness."   Nonetheless, she was in a great movie, Tom Jones, and another really cool movie that I loved in my early teens called Sebastian, starting Dirk Bogard and York as British code-breakers.    I wonder if it's available on Amazon?

Nope.  But apparently you can buy the poster.   God, I love Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment