"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Birthdays Today

Diane Lane turns 45 today, which makes me feel very old indeed.   I've never been quite sure why Lane didn't become a bigger star than she has been, and it doesn't make too much sense to me why she seems to be better recognized now than she was when she was younger.   One theory I have is that she was just way too beautiful, even for Hollywood.   She's probably the most beautiful actress of the past 30 years, and I don't know who would be second.   The other:  she may not be that great of an actress.   But she's really easy on the eyes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment