"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Smile of the Day

The second best basketball player on the planet right now is not Lebron James.   It's Kevin Durant of the Oklahoma City Thunder.   He's apparently also a nice guy; no "I'm taking my talents to South Beach" press conferences, no messy divorces, no kids out of wedlock, no guns in the locker room.  Just a good Christian kid who is supremely talented at basketball.  It helps that he's 6'10" and can run and jump and shoot lights out from outside; he's just too big for small forwards to guard, too quick for power forwards.  



I say "second best" because... well, you know.   You have to beat the King to become the King.  

No comments:

Post a Comment