"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

More on Archbishop Dolan

It may be that the Holy Spirit moved me to make Archbishop Dolan my Smile of the Day today.  Or it may have been pure luck.  (I know which one my wife would choose.)   Anyway, this morning he was elected to head the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.  He will be a very strong and persuasive voice for conservative Catholic principles of faith, including most importantly a culture of life.   Congratulations to His Eminence, and best of luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment