"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Bobby Jindal Interview

Hot Air's Ed Morrissey has an interview with Governor Bobby Jindal of Louisiana up in which he talks about his new book.   I've seen Jindal on TV a few times now, and I'm very impressed with his intelligence and toughness.   He's a Catholic convert and a Rhodes Scholar who got in to Harvard Medical School and Yale Law School, but chose public service instead, with a specialty in healthcare policy.   I think he has an outside chance at the GOP Presidential nomination in 2012, but more likely would be a contender later, or else a VP candidate.   It seems to me somewhat sad that the GOP's best and most principled candidates are probably just a tad too young for the national ticket,  Jindal (only 39), and Wisconsin's own Congressman Paul Ryan (40).   But who knows?  

The thing that always amazes me is how, although an Indian-American (his parents immigrated from India), he has the voice of a true Louisianan.   What a great country!





No comments:

Post a Comment