"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Monday, October 25, 2010

The Right Curmudgeon Reemerges Just In Time

A while back I blogged under the title "The Right Curmudgeon."   The title of that blog was intended to denote my generally conservative politics -- I will only semi-facetiously tell liberal friends that I am a right-wing extremist, which of course just means that I subscribe to the beliefs most Americans held as common sense up to, say, 1968 or so.   After a few years of intermittent blogging, I gave it up, or rather it gave me up: work, children, wife, church, Little League, house, dog, etc. all intervened.    Anyway, I have missed blogging, and hope I still have one or two interesting things to say.   My country seems to be careening out of control.  Might as well put down on paper my thoughts, before thinking becomes either illegal or a luxury.  

Best wishes to all who may read these humble missives.   More anon.   

No comments:

Post a Comment