"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Girl Sunday - Peggy Lipton

I was talking last night with some men who were about my age, and we were remembering TV shows we had watched as kids.  Someone mentioned The Mod Squad.  None of us could remember the white guy on the show at all, and I was the only one to come up with the name "Lincoln Hayes," which was the black guy's fictional name on the show.   But we all came up with the name "Peggy Lipton," the girl on the show.  This is what teenage boys thought was beautiful in the late 1960s and early 1970s.  We were right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment