"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Birthdays Today

Today is Hillary Rodham Clinton's birthday.  She's 63, and I never thought I'd say this -- I sure wish she were President now rather than who we've got.   Anyway, Happy Birthday, Madame Secretary.

It's also Ivan Reitman's birthday, the director of the comedy classic, Meatballs, which I believe was Bill Murray's first movie.   Very funny, raunchy movie about summer camp.   Here's Murray in a great moment: 



On the other hand, it's also Seth MacFarlane's birthday, the creator of  the animated comedy Family Guy.   He's thirty-seven and undoubtedly rich as Croesus.   Anyway, my wife finds the program offensive, I think it's largely a waste of time although pretty funny, but my thirteen year-old son thinks it's Shakespeare.   You be the judge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment